Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cheap and Delicious Eats

One thing I love, is cheap food. I don't think Seattle has enough of it and if you don't have time, you even have less options. But they are out there so here are a few of my favorites:



In the International District:
Szechuan Noodle Bowl:
This place doesn't look much from the inside or out but don't judge this book by it's cover. This place is GOOD! They make all the noodle by hand, often while you are eating. My favorite is the spinach and tofu dumplings along with an order of scallion pancakes. They are located at 420 8th Ave S right next to one of my favorite restaurants, Green Leaf. Both of these places are really good, it will just depend on what you are in the mood for and how much money you want to spend but they won't disappoint.



I could spend hours in Uwajimaya which is why it's good they have a food court. Save room for dessert because you will want to try a cream puff from Beard Papa's. And don't forget to go to the bookstore, Kinokuniya...they have an amazing selection of Japanese craft books. You can't go in there without spending some money so be warned. AND now, there is a Daiso right next door which is maybe the most amazing "dollar store" ever. Everything is $1.50 unless marked otherwise. It's AMAZING!

Downtown:

Mexican Grocery
One place we often go to for lunch while working is The Mexican Grocery. The ladies that work there are so sweet and the food is really authentic and delicious. Their tamales are so good don't be surprised if you come back for a bag of them to go! I often go here before a party to get salsa and chips. It's perfect for those without much money but still like to eat well! Located at 1914 Pike Pl (between Stewart St & Virginia St)

Another place we often get lunch downtown is Mae Phim which is really good Thai restaurant where you can eat cheaply and feel like you got a great deal!

Other Places to Eat in the Downtown and ID Area Worth Mentioning:



I was a vegetarian for 9 years and one day I just wanted some meat. I slowly started eating meat again going back and forth with the idea but once I had Salumi the deal was sealed. I wanted to eat meat because I wanted to be able to eat at Salumi's if I wanted to. Unfortunately they have such limited hours that it's hard to get there but if you are on vacation, standing in line for a 1/2 hour won't seem like such a big deal. It's worth the wait, I swear! If you are having a hard time finding it as it is located in a strange location, just look for the Police Museum and a line.

If you need a treat, look no further than The Dahlia Bakery. Amazing cookies, coconut bites, cupcakes and more. Right around the corner is Serious Pie. A great place for pizza.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment